"300" - Movie summary and compare/contrast

jfo617 1 / -  
MOVIE SUMMARY

"Based on Frank Miller's graphic noel, "300" concerns with the Battle of Thermopylae in 480 B.C, where King Xerxes of Sparta led his army against the advancing Persians. The battle is said to have inspired all of Greece to band together against the Persians, and help usher in the world's first democracy."

I NEED HELP COMPARING AND CONTRASTING THIS MOVIE "300" TO THE GREEKS AND THE PERSIANS IN WESTERN CIVILIZATION.
THANKS
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

You don't say whether you have seen the movie or not, but even if you haven't, you should be able to find information about it in online reviews and articles. I would suggest you make a list of as many major plot points as you can, especially with regard to the political situation which led to the battle. Then, do some research through your school library's online databases about the state of government in Greece and Persia at that time. Is there solid evidence that this battle actually took place? If so, what instigated it? What type of government existed in Greece prior to democracy? Were the Persians trying to take over the whole region? Was this indicated in the movie?

These are just some things to think about while you are doing your research. Once you have a rough draft, I'd be happy to help you with some editing!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Essays / "300" - Movie summary and compare/contrast