Is it necessary to title our Personal Statement?

sonexol 1 / -  

Personal Statement title

@nazwa_adz
Would you tell me, whether it is necessary to title our Personal Statement or not? Thank you in advance.
Hi, in reference to your question, it is not necessary for the writer to use a title in the personal statement. That is actually an option that is given to the writer but it is not part of the assessment considerations. Most of the essay prompts allow the writer to directly respond in the form or text box since the online submission forms are character or word sensitive. It cuts out the essay when it reaches the maximum count. So providing a title is not really required since it will be taking away space from the actual response presentation.

Gone are the days of needing to come up with an impressive title for the application essay since these are no longer paper based applications. It is really more of a personal preference these days. You do not have to do it if you do not want to since it does not serve a purpose in the application process.
famma12345 1 / 2  
I personally don't think you do require a title since personal statement is a combination of quite a lot of different prompts and it wouldn't be easy to pick up one for the name. However, just check with the instructions whether they require it or not. Have a great day
Pettypet 4 / 12  
I don't think it's absolutely necessary to title your personal statement. You may choose to do so though I don't think it has any implications. I believe it is more of personal preference as long as you keep the word count of your essay in mind.

Home / Essays / Is it necessary to title our Personal Statement?