Essay about the news media - how to start?

Rapunzel 1 / -  
How do you think news reporting in your country differs from that abroad?
TJLuschen - / 241 203  
Well, maybe you can read a few foreign newspapers or watch some foreign news reports on the internet. From my limited experience, it seems like the BBC for instance is more staid and less prone to sensationalize the news than many US news outlets.
Approach this essay from a comparative point of view. You can start by explaining why you believe that your country's form of news reporting, based on print and television reports, are more reliable than the ones abroad. Consider then the problems that America has with "Fake News" and discuss how your country's journalists manage to avoid that. That already discusses an immediate response to the difference question. The reason why using a comparative discussion of your country's news reporting and the American style will be the best manner of discussion is because the whole point of the question relies on the "fake news" implication when it comes to news reporting. Thus discussing the different manners of information fact checking becomes the basis of the response to the question. So think of how your reporters "fact check" their news when compared to the US counterparts and your essay will be well on its way to developing a highly relevant response to the question. You need to create a secondary thesis statement, in this case "fake news", in order to really discuss the differences in news reporting.

Home / Essays / Essay about the news media - how to start?