News report on March revolution

kimty 7 / 14  
I need to write a news article with this headline"Provisional government falls" By reading this article:"by the spring of 1917,russia was in the grip of serious food shorttage. The goverment seemed to be in a state of paralysis, either unable or unwilling to do anything. Nicholas was with army of headquarters near the front and was totally out of touch with events.on march 7th, mass riots and strikes took place in st. petersburg, now refused . Many sided with the workers.nicholas orderd the duma dissolved,butits refused to obey his orthers.on march14th ,it elected a provisinal government. The next day, thetsar abdicated for both himself and his son. His brother refused the throne,and with that,the romanov line in russia was swept away. nicholas was eventually reunited with his family at tsarskoe selo, a small village south of petrograd where the palaces of tsarswere located. There, he and his family were placed under arrest while the government tried to figure out what to do with them. The provisinal government had a number of objectives. It wanted to return living conditions in russia to normal and continuet the war with germany. While the government said that all available land should begiven to the peasents,it did nothing to see that this was done. Unrest naturally increased. Strikes and demonstration hampered the government from increasing industrail productionand gitting the transportation network moving again. Food shortage did not end. the population wanted land,pease and reforms. The government promised these things but it failed to deliver. The people began to turn to the revolutionaries."

This what i have got so far:
"After making a number of promises and failing to fullfill them, the provinional government falls. The government declared that the pollution will get what it wanted. When the peoples demanded land, peace, and reforms, the government said yes they will get that, but did not do anything to see that is done."

My project is due on Friday, March 7th. I am really confused on what to add, and i am not sure if the way i am writting is like a newspaper article . My article also needs an quotes from peoples reaction on the events. Can u please edit my work and give me some ideas on how to continue and how can i add in quotes of peoples reactions . Thank you
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

If I understand the assignment correctly, you are to essentially turn the information in the article into a news story? I was a little confused by this sentence: "The government declared that the pollution will get what it wanted." Did you mean "population"? Remember that news reports are fact-based and often use interviews with people on the scene. You might want to start off with something like "In the wake of mass riots and strikes, the duma has appointed a provisional government to quell social unrest. 'It was chaos,' reported one worker, who declined to be identified. 'I thought I would not escape with my life.' Tsar Nicholas abdicated immediately following the appointment of the provisional government, and many who had protested government inaction were hopeful that things would improve. However, it now appears that those hopes will not be realized, as the government has failed to act. 'What's the point of having a new government if it won't do anything?' asked one woman, who said her family had not had bread in a week. 'If they won't do anything, the revolutionaries will!' she said.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP kimty 7 / 14  
Thank you soo much for helping me out!!!!!

Home / Essays / News report on March revolution