I NEED AN OPENING STATEMENT on essay: challenging fate

SMontes10 2 / 1  
I need suggestions for an opening statement, leading in as a broad statement, for an essay that has this topic:

Write an essay about what happens when someone tries to challenge or interfere with his or her fate.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I'm wondering whether your essay holds, as an underlying assumption, the idea that one's fate is already decided? If it is, then obviously, whatever we do cannot change it. That would affect the way you would write the opening. Or perhaps your essay intends to explore the issue of whether our fate is pre-ordained, and arrive at the conclusion that it is not? At any rate, I can propose a possible opening for you:

We would all like to believe that the world is one of infinite possibilities, but this may be an illusion: perhaps our fate was decided from the moment we were born, reducing those infinite possibilities down to only one available path. What happens, then, if a person finds a way to jump off the path?

I hope this gives you some ideas to help get you started!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP SMontes10 2 / 1  
Thank you Sarah. The idea that "our fate cannot be changed and what happens when we try to change it" is the main idea of the essay. You were a great help. Thanks again.

Home / Essays / I NEED AN OPENING STATEMENT on essay: challenging fate