Origins, Cultures; Hinduism and Buddhism- COMPARE & CONTRAST

cyn 1 / -  
I have been working on this essay for 2 days now. I have not wrtiien an essay since for over 25 years and am stuck. Can anyone please help and advise me? This is what I have so far.

In this paper I will discuss the similarities and the differences between Hinduisms orgins, religions and Buddhism orgins, cultures and religions. My paper will help the reader distinguish between the two religions in the areas of Atman, Karma, Dharma, moksha and Samsara because there are many things that overlap, and popular perception is that they are very alike. As a matter of fact, many people do not acknowledge them as different, and lump them into one category. These religions are two of the biggest and most influential religions on earth, and it is important that they are rewarded proper respect.

Hinduism was originated in South Asia (India, Subcontinent) in 2000 B.C.E. If you look at the map of India you could see where Hindus originated and how isolated it was. There is one easy land entry in the Northwest corridor into the vicinity of Indus River where Pakistan now lies. The fact that India is so isolated helped create this culture that is so unique and captivating. Hinduism is not known to have a founder, however they have many contributing sources such as Indus Valley Civilization and Aryans.

Buddhism was founded by the (Buddha) Siddharta Guatama who came from Shakya. It originated in South Asia (Nepal, India) in 600 B.C.E..It is one of the oldest religions practiced today. The religion evolved as it spread from the northeastern region of the Indian subcontinent through Central, East and south east Asia.

Well you need to first have a rough sketch of your essay structure; You need an introduction to start with . Introduce the two religions (you can talk about their birth, founders, places where their followers live etc. Then begin to compare. Dedicate a separate para for highlighting their similarities, then another para for their differences. You need to do a little bit of research for this. If you present it right, it'll turn into a great essay.

Well both these religions were originated in India. In fact Lord Buddha was a Hindu before he founded Buddhism.

If you look at the map of India

.... this is not an appropriate way of writing a research paper. Try to rephrase!
I'm a Buddhist too... So I'd love to keep a track with this essay :D

Home / Essays / Origins, Cultures; Hinduism and Buddhism- COMPARE & CONTRAST