PARENT-CHILD RELATONSHIP THESIS TASK! Based on Morrison's "A Mercy"

m9511075 1 / 1  
Hey, so I've read a novel called "A Mercy" by Toni Morrison and I wrote out a thesis for my essay. Please check it out:

parent-child relationship

Father Reverend, Floren's mom, and Sorrow prove that parent-child relationships are full of sacrifices.
Thanks!
That is a good summation of the story presented in the book. However, that does not make a very good thesis statement. That is only a thesis idea. Your introduction, leading into your thesis statement must offer an overview of each relationship that each character has with the child. Therefore, you need to present an overview of these relationships, in relation to one another. By connecting the principles or ideas that perhaps bind these characters together, then you will be able to give a tremendously strong thesis sentence towards the end of the thesis paragraph. Don't focus on shortening the presentation to just one line. Focus on creating an inter-connected relationship between the characters with regards to sacrifices made in the name of parent-child relationships. You have an interesting premise, you just need to do some build up in order to make it highly interesting to the reader.

Home / Essays / PARENT-CHILD RELATONSHIP THESIS TASK! Based on Morrison's "A Mercy"