Persuasive essay - research questions

THCbakesME 1 / -  
When writing a persuasive essay that involves creating research questions; should those questions be in support, or at least neutral in relation to personal stance regarding the thesis, or should it be balanced and offer at least one question that is in opposition somehow?
@THCbakesME it all depends upon the persuasive slant that you will be taking. Normally, I advice my students to use a compare and contrast format in writing a persuasive essay because it allows you to better develop the discussion. That means, it also allows you to create more relevant questions in support of, against, and in a neutral position regarding the given topic. By discussing in the comparative manner, you allow yourself to weaken the other discussion in a subtle way, while also strengthening your presentation through the development of a stronger discussion. Balancing the questions and answers in such a manner that still slant towards supporting your personal point of view helps you to develop a highly persuasive discussion. Your questions should be based on whatever your thesis statement is though, with additional questions as follow ups in a manner that will help you create the type of essay discussion you desire to present to your reader.

Home / Essays / Persuasive essay - research questions