"Pros and cons" 's thesis statement for National interest and Values

Alice3105 2 / 4  
I'm going to writing a 'Pros and cons' essay on Monday :( I've a list of pros and cons and also decided what I'm going to write. However, I've a problem with the Thesis statement, I want to make sure it have a strong statement which will convey my opinion on my essay, that why I need your help!

I've a question, should I question in an essay? Because I've read some source that asking question will make the reader focus on perspectives of the essay?

This is my statement:
"There is a considerable debate on national interest, some people believe that national interest is nation's interest, community's interest or certain benefit for themselves. Others believe that national interest is collective interest. However, still some others say that there is no common national interest at all. For me, I believe collective interest is national interest."

Please, write your reply as soon as you had read this message. Thanks for spending your precious time reading my message.
Najah1987 3 / 11  
Your thesis statement is has a good approach, I considered this tutorial video advice and how to make your thesis, it helps, hope you can find it useful,

youtube.com/watch?v=TT7wslqBC8E

Good Luck !!!
bek23 2 / 4  
You should better choose on of these points and try to accumulate proofs. good luck
OP Alice3105 2 / 4  
Oh, thanks Najah1987 and bek23 very much :) Today, I wrote my essay, but I didn't use that thesis statement :( I'll post my essay for you to check it for me :) Then I think I should thank you again :) Well, should I write "I" in a pros and cons essay? Some people say that I shouldn't because the teacher or reader has already known that is mine? :-/

One more question, is that okay if I use a statement which doesn't support my idea, and then I use my argument to overthrow the perspective of that statement and turn it to one of my arguments to support my idea?
smileyprakash - / 1  
Speech on National values - How can i start with this

How can i start with this to make it a brilliant speech? Any help guys please forward an email to me.
something 23 / 52 5  
You can describe many things about national values such as liberty, equality, and so on. By referring to history of your country.

hope this could help.
Well ... First list down a few national values of your country. Then write short descriptions about them. Such descriptions should include the benefit of such value to the individuals, to society and to your nation. Also you can talk about the actions your nation has taken to preserve such values and pass down to next generations. Do some research on them and include all the interesting things said about them.

Home / Essays / "Pros and cons" 's thesis statement for National interest and Values