Question regarding the structure of a critical essay with 3 literature to review

Noucom 1 / 1  
The essay question is this "Tools for Managing Strategy: the Usefulness of Dashboards, Balanced ScoreCards and Strategy Maps?"

The assignment is a scholarly literature review based on three sources that I have already selected for the previous assignment.

I understand the basic steps of a critical essay is this

1. briefly present your argument
2. identify the arguments of the other authors and critically analyze their views by comparing and contrasting
3. justify your argument persuasively with reference to the views of other authors

My question is how would I go about structuring the essay?
meisj0n 8 / 272 2  
depends on your taste I assume. Do you want to follow that 1, 2, 3 structure?

"Tools for Managing Strategy: the Usefulness of Dashboards, Balanced ScoreCards and Strategy Maps?"

I'm not sure how that is a question, but I guess it's answerable.

Structure the essay by introducing what strategy is, what it's for, and briefly mentioning those three tools as related to strategy. I'm not sure how you will include sources, but I'm guessing if it's more a research paper, you don't have to introduce those, just use them throughout your paper.

If it's a analysis paper, then maybe you will have to present them.

If you write a rough intro, maybe that would help others understand what you're trying to do
OP Noucom 1 / 1  
Thank you meisj0n for the help, as for the topic question is given by the lecturer. It is more of an analysis paper. Here some details that I have gotten.

Argument Comprehension
The essay reveals topic comprehension and balanced arguments. The essay demonstrates an ability to analyze critically, think reflectively, argue persuasively, and to synthesize the argument with source material.

Essay Structure
The abstract summarizes the whole essay. Introduction and conclusion provide an argument or point of view. Main section critiques the arguments/views of other authors with rationale and references. The logic is clear and cohesively linked.

Home / Essays / Question regarding the structure of a critical essay with 3 literature to review