The recycling process in Australia - IELTS Writing Task 1 - Pie Charts

tung53202 3 / 5  
The pie charts below show recycling in sydney melbourne and worldwide.

The given pie charts illustrate the recycling proportion of plastics, glass and paper in Sydney, Melbourne and worldwide. It is measured by percent.

Overall, the paper is recycled the most in the world, meanwhile, Melbourne pays much attention to reprocessing glass and plastic is the strength of Sydney in the field of recycling waste.

The share of recycled paper tops the list in the world, at 54%, which is 30% larger than that of the runner up - Sydney, with 22% paper reused. As regard to glass, Melbourne recycled this type of waste at 55%, followed by 38% of Sydney for this sector. Meanwhile, just over one - in - ten of glass is reused in the world.

The proportion of plastic put into the recycling process holds the lion's share in Sydney, at 40%, which is over twice as much as that of Melbourne. Interestingly, 34% of plastics are recycled in the world, making it become the second rank, compared to the other regions.

You have to know the difference between a statement and a continuing discussion so that you can use the proper punctuation mark to separate the discussion. In this case:

Statement: Overall, the paper is recycled the most in the world.
Continuing Discussion: Meanwhile, Melbourne pays much attention to reprocessing glass.
Additional Discussion: Plastic is the strength of Sydney in the field of recycling waste.

These are the topic sentences per image reference. All you have to do, is make sure that you create an academic presentation for each topic sentence. The weakest discussion point here is the one about Sydney. You should have said;

Sydney recycles the most plastic materials when compared to the overall plastic recycling abilities of Melbourne and the rest of the world.

Note the clarity and strength of comparisons in my version. This is a sentence that clearly offers a necessary comparison of the given information as indicated by the discussion instructions. It is clear in terms of the topic, professional in tone, and informative.

Do not say "As regard to". That is an improperly formed phrase. The correct presentation is "With regards to..." You also need to take the time to improve your sentence presentations whenever you can. For example:

Meanwhile, just over one - in - ten of glass is reused in the world.

Will be improved by saying:

Meanwhile, the rate of reused glass items on a worldwide scale measures at one-in-ten.

Always try to use advanced sentence formation and more professional presentations whenever possible. Avoid redundancies such as "over twice as much". Simply say "Twice as much". I also have to correct: "... making it become the second rank" to the following: "making it rank second".
annahoang 2 / 4  
As regard to => with regard to
I know that there are not many information in that picture but some sentences are too short, such as " It is measured by percent.". think and try to improve it!

Home / Essays / The recycling process in Australia - IELTS Writing Task 1 - Pie Charts