Do sales benefit shoppers or cause them to be on the losing end? Need essay idea...

belinda lee 1 / -  
During the sales season, it is not uncommon to see shoppers rushing to shopping malls with the impression that they will be saving a lot of money because apparently most of the items may be available at discounted prices.

However, one needs to really figure out whether this habit actually helps shoppers save money, or make them spend even more than they would normally do.

In your opinion, do sales benefit shoppers or cause them to be on the losing end?
Make a clear stand and support your stand with at least 2 arguments. Include a refuting point to strengthen your stand.

can someone help me or give me some idea
elevit2 9 / 20  
I would personally say that sales can do both.
Here are some ideas that I came up with for the sales benefit section:
1. Sales benefit shoppers because it allows them to get a sense of the flow of the market--tie in with current economy.

Losing End:
1. They can be psychologically upset over the matter?--find an article that has to do with this topic.

I hope my train of thought will help yours!

Anyway, good luck.

The grammar in this sentence is a little messed up.

The question is not very good, because obviously a sale benefits shoppers if the sale price is lower than it normally would be. The extent to which it can make them spend more than they normally would all depends on how well the shoppers can resist the urge to overspend and how well the sale presentations encourage them to overspend.

I think it is not fair that they make you take a stand for one side of the question or the other. Sometimes things are not so simple! :-)

Home / Essays / Do sales benefit shoppers or cause them to be on the losing end? Need essay idea...