Satirical essay - controversial issue in Health Sciences

kingko08 1 / -  
Alright, so this term paper entails writing a 1000 word satirical essay on a controversial issue in my discipline (Health Sciences). For the life of me i cannot find a topic, nor can i find a way to apply satire to it. Any one got any tips?
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

Oh, I love satire! If it can be anything to do with health, I would take the opportunity to write about our marvelous U.S. health care system! You know, that one with the cutting-edge medical advances that only people with really good insurance, like members of Congress, can afford? I just love how Uncle Sam takes nice big chunks out of my earnings to pay for those marvelous health plans for retired civil servants, people like, say, ex-Presidents and Senators, who could probably afford to pay their own medical bills, but instead, I help pay for them with my taxes--hey, it's the patriotic thing to do! Of course, I don't get any health care...nope, not one bit! We self-employed folks don't need health coverage, do we? Surely not...we just need to keep paying our taxes so that the government can give our money to people who really need it--like millionaire ex-public servants!

Well, that's what I'd write about, anyway... ;-))

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
unoma - / 1  
Trying to get into a competitive public health programme..

hello people,
I'm stuck
I'm trying to get into a very competitve public health programme and need HELP in writing the essay.

I need suggestions.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Good morning :)

Does the institution assign you a topic to write your essay on, or is it just a general "Why I Want to Go to School Here" kind of thing?

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Essays / Satirical essay - controversial issue in Health Sciences