What would you say is your greatest talent or skill? - UC Prompt - brainstorm

canloi123 1 / 1 1  
I'm currently stuck on the brainstorming process. What do you suggest me mention?

The skill that I want to write about: Technological fluency

Here is what I have in mind so far:
First paragraph (I think this paragraph has enough ideas)
How technological skill is becoming more useful in this world
I have taught myself computer building, diagnostics (hardware check, software conflicts), data security, network monitoring
I'm responsible for all tech set up and maintenance in my family

Second paragraph:
How this skill is important to me
I volunteered to help children learn computers

Third paragraph:
How this is important to others (group projects, the school, etc.)
TL, reverse the presentation. Make the second paragraph content your first paragraph instead because the data you will be presenting immediately responds to the prompt question. However, you will need to present more real world information as to how and why this talent because vital to you. Aside from being the default tech specialist in the family and teaching children, what other important real world applications, one that the reviewer should take note of, should the reviewer know about?

Your third paragraph is not necessary at the moment. the prompt is not asking you why this skill or talent is important to others. It is important for the reviewer to understand why YOU consider this your greatest talent or skill. So the rest of the essay should focus solely on how your talent has helped you academically and socially. Don't remove the focus from you. Discuss other people or activities only if it will help to further enhance your skill in the overall presentation.

This is not the kind of essay that needs to be over complicated in response. A simple and direct representation of the talent or skill, along with its importance to you is all the information that you are required to represent in your work. Nothing more, nothing less.
OP canloi123 1 / 1 1  
Thank you very much!
brianalevett 1 / 2 1  
When going into detail about volunteering to help children learn computers, make sure to elaborate on the fact that that definitely requires patience.
shalahuddinn 1 / 2  
Merged:

What is your greatest talent or skill, and how that benefit the community of the Summer Camp?

The full question: Please provide a supporting statement about yourself. What is your greatest talent or skill, and how would
that benefit the community of the Summer Camp?

I have tried to brainstorming about writing this essay for more than a week, but I always got stuck. I don't know what should I write because when applying this summer program, I have to send it with my CV. If I write about my passion for making an impact on others through several social activities, it already has been written in my CV. Should I write about something that is not written in my CV?

Therefore, what kind of topics that the evaluator expect from this essay? What should I write?

Home / Essays / What would you say is your greatest talent or skill? - UC Prompt - brainstorm