essay- sell something absurd using propaganda techniques

emaysi 2 / 6  
our new home work. we must try to sell something absurd using those techniques(not all) - <library.thinkquest.org/C0111500/proptech.htm>

our professors example was a pair of old,dirty,wet socks. he said we could use that if cant think of anything.

it should be 3-4 paragraphs,so here's what i'm thinking of doing

1st -intro
2nd or 3rd - body using those each technique without mentioning it
last - conclusion?

i still cant think of anything to absurd to sell
nathan02079 3 / 14  
Some absurd things to sell could be...

- a headless action figure
- blank trading cards
- off-key musical turn (you know, that small metal thing)
- ripped shirt
- watch with no time hands
- stringless guitar

Just thinking off the top of my head. Something broken or nonfunctional (not necessarily used) could be a bizarre item.
watch with no time hands Ha, ha... lots of potential. How about if you look online and read some of Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now, and I think you will get a good idea about how to write convincingly about the value of a watch with no minute or hour hand.

I think Deepak Chopra also teaches that part of the reason we age is that we see tie as "going by" when actually there is no such thing as time.

Good luck! Follow all instructions about the propaganda.

:)
OP emaysi 2 / 6  
tnx! in which part of the book is it found?
I though you probably would only be able to find bits and pieces of the book online... any part of the book will be fine!! You can perhaps even quote the book in your advertisement, because he is popularly successful, which is good for selling things.

Check out this video: youtube.com/watch?v=UPg9DnMP2D4
OP emaysi 2 / 6  
still confused about the video. still cant relate that to selling watch without hands. .our instructor want something not so serious and a bit on the funny side.
If the important thing is to live in the now, to seize the moment, then keeping track of time, looking to future, as it were, is presumably a bad idea. A watch with no hands would be a great way to avoid this. Also, if you were in the habit of constantly looking at your watch, every glance would be a reminder that you should be too busy doing something meaningful to be clock-watching.

Home / Essays / essay- sell something absurd using propaganda techniques