Essay about sex trafficking - what to argue and what points to make?

mani 1 / -  
i need advice on what to argue and my main points please help
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I'm happy to help you with some ideas! First, you'll want to start by defining exactly what the term "sex trafficking" means. A simple internet search should help you there if you don't already have a definition. Next, you might want to couch your argument in terms of the impact it has on individuals and society, or even focus on a particular aspect of it. For example, you could argue that child brides are a form of sex trafficking based on ancient standards that have no place in the modern world. (Or, you could take the opposite viewpoint, that arranged marriages are part of the rich cultural heritage of many countries.) If you want to just write about sex trafficking in general, you might throw in some numbers ("It is a $xx-billion industry") and take a position that, for example, only through widespread education programs can people be made aware of the dangers in order to protect themselves. Describe how its victims are obtained (coercion, lies, threats, violence, financial bribes) and what circumstances this might lead to (prostitution, forced labor/slavery, removing organs for sale, children used as soldiers or sports players, religious cults, etc.)

I hope this is enough to get you started!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
KarkatVantas - / 3 1  
Argumentative essay on sex trafficking; Need Ideas for the start

As part of our unit this semester, we have to write an "argumentative essay", i.e., a research paper. I chose to research human/sex trafficking, and then narrowed in on sex trafficking. I have good data regarding how victims are taken, what their demographics are, the laws in place to counter sex trafficking, and plenty of examples of victims and sex traffickers. I also polled people over whether they were aware trafficking was a problem in the US, what they believed it to be, whether they thought legalizing prostitution would help stop sex trafficking, and what they thought we could do to end sex trafficking in general. My only problem is that I don't know how to start writing my thesis. Once I can get a general idea of what I want to do with my essay, I can write the rest, but I don't know how to start. Do you have any ideas as to where I could start looking for a stance to take? Thank you!
Zahra567 2 / 2  
A good way to start this essay would be with a quote or preferably a statistic or reference to a book or movie like Taken. Good Luck!
sconley - / 1  
Human trafficking is not reported for lack of help for victims (how to start?)

I need some evidence to support my thesis that
U.S. laws about human trafficking and the lack of support for victims are to blame for why cases are unreported

any suggestions with resource info would help greatly. I must write an 8-10 page essay supporting this statement and use five sources
lynzee22 - / 90 37  
A good place to start is at your college library. Most places have a computer system now where you can look everything up. The best type of source is scholarly journals. There is usually a way to search just by type of writing. You should ask the librarian to help you with this because each place is different.

Home / Essays / Essay about sex trafficking - what to argue and what points to make?