Significant quote that made an impact on you - suggestion for content of the essay question

analyst88 1 / 1  
Essay: Provide us with a quote that has inspired you, and explain its relevance and significance in your life without referencing finance or your career goals.

Please advise as to what should be the content for this essay and how should be the body of essay be like? This question is for Masters in Finance.
Lbernal11 - / 4 3  
What quote were you thinking of using? I would suggest something along the lines of having integrity. Since you cannot refer to finance itself, or your career goals, you may want to choose a quote that has to do with having integrity since you will be dealing with money and possibly people.

I am not sure what the length of this paper is, but once you choose your quote, I would explain what the quote means to you and what the quote is trying to tell others in the introduction; explain why it's special. Then you could make each body paragraph about times that this quote inspired you (one-two paragraphs), it's relevance to your life (another one-two paragraphs), and significance in your life (another one-two paragraphs).

This is just a suggestion.
Here are some good quotes about having integrity and living your life with honor:
"Rather fail with honor than succeed with fraud." Sophocles
"Real integrity is doing the right thing, know that nobody is going to know whether you did it or not." Oprah Winfrey
"It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them." Mark Twain
I hope this helps.
OP analyst88 1 / 1  
i was thinking something on the lines of ambition; aggressiveness (in a positive way) or say about dignity

The quote that came to my mind was : "you can do anything you set your mind to" - Benjamn Franklin. What do you think?
EF_Carol - / 145 39  
They want to know about you, the person. Your childhood, your education, your family. But be more personal, like writing about your hopes, and dreams; just don't mention finance, or your career. You need to look inside yourself, to find how you would like your life to improve, whether in you, or in circumstances, and see how you can achieve that. Then find a quote that would help you to do that.

I think if you talk it over with someone close to you, you will be able to find a quote that inspired you, or will inspire you, to do these changes. You could Google the question: famous quotes that inspire people, and see what comes up. You're bound to find something, that way.

When you write, you should make reference to the quote, and the person who said it, and show how it helped you to achieve those goals. Since you can't write about finance, write about your character, or again, a circumstance other than your career, which you would like to achieve.

Maybe, you would like to make a trip around the world, or take a cruise! Maybe you would like to write a book. Something special, in your heart, that you cherish, to accomplish.

In your essay you should write about the person who inspired you: there hopes and dreams, and maybe do a comparison/contrast to yours.

I hope this helps!

ef_carol

Home / Essays / Significant quote that made an impact on you - suggestion for content of the essay question