Dear members I need your kind attention in writing PS and SOP. I am doing Textile Engineering and currently in final semester. I want to pursue Masters in Material Science and Engineering, but I am having difficulty in writing both PS and SOP specially. I don't want to copy them. If any member have time for me,I shall be grateful to him/her.
Waiting for sharp response.
Holt Educational Consultant - / 14,249 4652
Jan, don't try to write both the PS and SOP at the same time. Focus on finalizing one essay at a time. In this instance, it would be best if you write your personal statement (PS) first. That way you can review it and decide if there are some elements in the personal statement that would be best presented in the statement of purpose. For the personal statement, you should make sure to present a number of personal information first. The information should include, in no particular order:
1. The development of your interest in this field. Make sure to start it above the age of 12.
2. How your family background relates to your interest or just simply, a statement about your family and any role models you may have had within the family circle.
3. Reasons why you decided to study this course in college.
4. Why chose to apply to this particular university.
5. What you hope to learn at this university in relation to your previous experience.
The reference to the university can be the concluding statement of the essay. All other information that is not listed here should be presented in the SOP instead.