How to start a Classification Essay on television shows?

desharley 1 / -  
I am writing a classification essay on television: Comedy Shows, Crime Shows, and Family Shows I have no clue how to start a thesis statement on that .. any ideas ..
meisj0n 8 / 272 2  
there are many ways to deal with television classification. maybe start by describing the eclectic of shows available and possibly the ratings/genres/audiences. then a thesis about how these shows, while of these different genres, have a similar purpose or statement...or that they have many different purposes...I'm assuming you have to discuss those three types of shows? you can also talk about the appeal of such shows to different people, and what meaning they have for these groups.. just some ideas.

Can you explain more what you have to discuss?
Keng 39 / 134  
you can write the reason why you want to watch such tv programs.

How watching such three tv shows make you feel happy.

Are there any benefits to watch Tv shows.

You may refer to negative effects of watching such TV shows.
Just say something controversial; it's as easy as that. And the very easiest way is to read some articles involving T.V. and, based on what those articles argue, form an opinion and make your own argument.

The big mistake people always make is to try to think of a thesis before reading any articles about the topic. Swim through the literature, and you'll wash up on shore with an argument to make.

Home / Essays / How to start a Classification Essay on television shows?