how to start an essay on why am i going to college

manny318 1 / -  
i have to write an essay for english class and i always have trouble with my opening.
my topic is about why am i going to college and i have my three topics.

1.to further my education
2.we are raised by our parents to think college is a good thing
3.to have your own independence

it will be great if someone can tell me how to start an essay.
soccon36 4 / 11  
If you want to improve your English skills, You should not ask in this way. I mean that just focusing how to begin for only one topic is not the best way to learn writing skill. Instead, Reading as many essay samples as possible for practising. Learning how these essays are done, the way people start their essay and practising. Practice makes perfect.

I think there are many way to begin an essay and templates is good for you. You can find a lot of template books for writing in the internet.

Hope this helps.
mea505 - / 265  
Hi Karen,

If you want to see how well you do in writing your essay, why don't you write it here and present it to us? Just sit down and write, and try to stay on topic. Pick a topic sentence for each of your paragraphs, and then use the paragraph to explain or further enhance the topic sentence. You should also have a thesis statement.

This is an excellent forum for you to start practicing your writing skills. Don't be shy -- just present us with some of your ideas in sentence form, using paragraphs. Read some of the other essays that are on the forum as well. When you are ready, send it to us; we will then have a better idea as to how well you do and "where you are" with respect to your writing abilities.

Try it.

Mark
Man27 2 / 3  
You could strat your essay by telling a small personal story, or even create a fictional stroy that includes the three points you have. This section is only an intro, so make sure it doesn't take up more then a page of your paper.
sfrick 4 / 14  
There are a couple of ways to start an essay. As the writers offered above the easiest way is to make it personal. Why don't try making an outline of the points you think are important and post them here. Afterwords we can help in your opening statement.
seannkim190 2 / 6  
I always think the easiest way to start with the essay is to go straight into the body paragraphs, and worry about the intro's and conclusions later. Try that method, and see how it works for you

Alchemy! Take those three topics and put them into the boiling water. They'll try to escape, but use the heavy lid to keep them down in there until they stop struggling and... homogenize.

You need to extract the flavor of the idea soup created by these three. The point is to see what BIG idea is made when you combine these (in your giant cauldron).

When you know the OVERARCHING IDEA that encompasses the three ideas you'll express in the three body paragraphs, you know the thesis statement... the main idea. Put that idea at the end of the first para.

:-)

Home / Essays / how to start an essay on why am i going to college