How to start - Media promote healthy eating and exercising

plawansai 1 / -  
Media promote healthy eating and exercising as the most effective improve the way we look. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Support your answer with concrete examples in 250 words.
shintacandrade 10 / 74 87  
Hi Plawansai,

I want to share my experience about how start an IELTS essay.
1. Read carefully the question, see exactly what you are being asked to do >> Agree / Disagree

2. Follow this basic structure (IELTSbuddy),
Introduction:
a. State the topic of the essay, using some basic facts (that you may be able to take from the question)
b. Say what you are going to write about

Body Paragraphs:
a. For an IELTS essay, you should have 2 or 3 body paragraphs - no more, and no less.
b. Each paragraph should contain one controlling idea, and have sentences to support this > idea, explanation, example

Conclusion:
a. You only need one or two sentences
b. Re-state what the essay is about and give some thoughts about the future (recommendations, opinions, fears, hopes, etc)

3. Read as many as writing sample answers.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
EF_Carol - / 145 39  
I think you should write an outline! Also you could make a list of agree vs. Disagree ideas. See which comes up with more. Then go with that.

healthy eating and exercising...

What are some ways that people could shape up by eating better? Do you believe in fad diets? What about program dieting like Nutrisystem, where you follow a plan designed by someone else? Or weight watchers, where you can by the food at the store?

Do you think a gym membership is the key? Or a particular exercise? What about yoga?

to what extent...

That's the key. You can slightly agree, or totally disagree.

Make an outline which includes five paragraphs: an intro, a conclusion, and three body paragraphs. I suggest you use one example per paragraph.

I think if you take my suggestions you'll have a good start!

Good luck!

ef _carol

Home / Essays / How to start - Media promote healthy eating and exercising