Starting my cause and effect essay about women delaying having children

jrobertson49 4 / 5  
I have my thesis statement already, but I am stuck and don't know how to start from there

Thesis Statement:

Some women delay having children because of how long it takes to find the ideal mate, while others have children later in life because they want to accomplish career objectives and financial stability first.
babydoll 8 / 39  
I had a thought when I read your thesis. I tried shortening it a bit. I hope this helps.

Some women have priority accomplishing a career objectives and financial stability first, before settling down in a marriage with children.

Great start though.

I believe you could start out brainstorming with pros and cons!

One Pro would be getting the degree so woman can find their ideal job will allow them to become financial stability. Financial stability will find you happiness in life.

One Con in Marriage with children will slow you down in accomplishing your dreams. Majority of the time raising a family is a struggle. Without financial stability sometimes will add friction in a Marriage. Woman sometimes are not happy with their man because lacking financial stability. Man sometimes don't appreciate woman for providing them support like housechores is never 50% here and raising children is One example.

You don't have to agree with me here. Being a Single parent it's hard
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I think you're off to a good start with your thesis. There are several ways to look at this issue as cause and effect. The cause of the delay in having children, as you point out, can be more than one thing. But you'll also want to discuss the effects this has on their lives. Some women, for example, wait too long and find out that they can't have children any more; fertility diminishes with age. On the other hand, many women who do get pregnant later say that they are glad they waited, because they bring more maturity to their parenting.

I hope this gives you some ideas!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP jrobertson49 4 / 5  
Thank you that did help!!

Ok so I finished not sure it is great, but I had a really hard time with this. What suggestions do you have?

When is the right time to have children?

Some women delay having children because of how long it takes to find the ideal mate, while others have children later in life because they want to accomplish career objectives and financial stability first. Although there are many different reasons that women wait to have children I will address some of the advantages and disadvantages that come with these decisions.

Being a parent brings great responsibility, but also brings great joy to life. If choosing to wait until later some of the advantages involve: more maturity, better care for the child financially, and helping the child understand their dreams are attainable. Someone having a child at around the age of 35 to 40 has more than likely been through college and reached their ideal career goals. This alone brings a lot of maturity to the new parent. They understand more about life and that allows them to instill this in their child growing up. Financially, you are able to afford all the things that are needed to comfortably raise a child . With someone choosing to achieve their life goals first and having children later in life they are able to show their children as they grow up that goals can be achieved.

Now with every advantage there are disadvantages. Some of the disadvantages on waiting later in life to have children would include: health risks, being judged by society, and most of all not being able to conceive. With health risks, the parents are much older so this means that if they had a child at the age of 40 their child will not graduate high school until the parent is at the age of 58. During this time, there are a lot of issues with health that occur when someone reaches the age of 50 and above. Heart attacks are a large issue when getting older along with diabetes and many types of cancer. Lastly, waiting to have children until a later age can cause a lot of grief when the couple finds out that they cannot become pregnant. The main cause of this is fertility diminishes with age. As women get older, a woman is less likely to be able to conceive and carry a child to term.

Depending on who you talk to, many people have their own opinions to when is the right time to have children. As stated above, there are some that want to work on their career first so that they can provide to their child financially. Others, may not be able to find their ideal mate until later in life which could cause a delay in parenting. Either way you look at it, parenting is a big responsibility but your never to old to love and cherish what a child brings to life.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

I think your essay makes some very good points! Here are some editing suggestions:

If choosing to wait until later some of the advantages involve: more maturity, better care for the child financially, and helping the child understand their dreams are attainable. - Better would be: Some of the advantages arising from delaying having children include the greater maturity of the parent, greater financial security, and improved parenting skills. A parent who has already achieved success in life can better help a child to understand that dreams are attainable.

Financially, you are able to afford all the things that are needed to comfortably raise a child. - Don't suddenly switch to second person (you); keep it in third person.

With someone choosing to achieve their life goals first and having children later in life they are able to show their children as they grow up that goals can be achieved. - I'd eliminate this sentence as it is a bit awkward, and you can put this information in as I did, above.

As women get older, they are less likely to be able to conceive and carry a child to term.

As stated above, there are some that want to work on their career first so that they can provide for their child financially. Others may not be able to find their ideal mate until later in life which could cause a delay in parenting. Either way you look at it, parenting is a big responsibility but a person is never to old to love and cherish what a child brings to life.

Best of luck in your studies!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
morsal - / 1  
what is the cause and effects women delaying having children

Keng 39 / 134  
family belief,for instance, parents do not you to have a baby, so you comply with their word

financial concern, for example, when having not enough money, you do not think about raising children

Here are my suggestions.
mbhong 2 / 3  
Financial problems. They might not be financially ready to have children.

Home / Essays / Starting my cause and effect essay about women delaying having children