Starting essay with the words shock, apathy, liberation?

betocheagha 2 / 5  
My stupid teacher -.- told us to write an essay with these words shock, apathy, liberation. I know it is stupid and I was trying think of it to find it but couldn't. If anyone one of you can help me to start my essay with these ill be thankful.
askelliott 4 / 8 1  
a whole essay with those words? does the essay have to revolve around a specific topic, cause if not, you can make some bullshit story about war. cause those 3 words can easily be utilized in a war scene.
OP betocheagha 2 / 5  
Oh no. I'm sorry that I didn't state it correctly. I give you an example like saying shock will be this if liberation this. You know what I mean? Like relating it to life.
blueeyes816 2 / 4  
maybe try and use a thesaurus and find words they all relate to. idk if that helps but i guess thats what I would do.
OP betocheagha 2 / 5  
Oh asked my teacher, this is how I should write!
cback 1 / 22 6  
Dude what, this is not a stupid topic at all. Do you know how to write a 5 paragraph essay?

Split the essay in to 5 parts

Intro

Body (3)

Conclusion

Now dive in to the body

Thesis statement (technically end of intro)

Main point - Shock
Subpoint - concrete detail/evidence
Subpoint - commentary/your opinion

transition

Main point - Apathy
Subpoint - cd
Subpoint - cm

transition

Main point - Liberation
Subpoint - cd
Subpoint - cm

Shawshank Redemption is a great example, shock would be the initial culture shock of moving from family life to a prison, apathy is when the character gives up and doesn't care, Liberation is the freedom when he beats the system and escapes.

Do you know any movies where a character is put in to a new environment, gives up, and then overcomes his challenge?
Powerpuff Girl Movie, Avatar, Watchmen, Avatar the Airbender, there are so many examples in the media alone that you can draw from!
julientempone - / 1  
or consider many philosophical problems focusing on one as a specific example i.e.

shock - discovering that if the universe were physically deterministic then this seems to render human freedom as illusory, as all thoughts and actions would be the result of a causal chain of events dating back to before your birth.

apathy - becoming fatalistic, desparing at your lack of autonomy or agency or freedom, feeling like a cog incapable of self directed creative action
liberation - discovering that indeterminism provides a possible escape from this conundrum; creating a break in the causal chain of events/or alternatively reconstruing freedom as the ability to act in keeping with your set of core preferences and beliefs irrespective of fatalism and predetermination
OP betocheagha 2 / 5  
Thank you julien for providing that info!

Can you guys help me on "thesis" and "SO's"? I really really don't know what to write!

Home / Essays / Starting essay with the words shock, apathy, liberation?