The structure of an empowerment essay (a woman who lost children social services)

donna76 1 / 1  
Hello,

I would really appreciate any help with the structure of a social work empowerment assignment. The brief is;

"Using your chosen case study (please remember to attach a copy), explain and analyse how you would try to ensure that you addressed issues of empowerment within your practice with this person. In doing so you will need to explain and discuss your understandings of empowerment and carefully consider the opportunities and challenges that you think would be present in your practice"

My case study is about a woman who has had her children removed by social services. She feels resentful about their involvement and is uncooperative. She feels she has done everything required of her but is still unable to have her children back.

I would just like any guidance in how to structure this essay so that it flows succinctly and includes all the relevant points

Many Thanks

Donna Evans
Hi Donna,

The only way it will be a successful paper is if it covers the principles of empowerment as they are taught in your class. You have to just look at the readings, and make a list of all the methods they explain. Then, try to apply those methods in the case study.

Every paragraph should be a separate idea. If you look at the class readings and find 5 different methods for giving a feeling of empowerment to a client, you can write a paragraph about each. That will make 5 body paragraphs.

Make sure every para starts with a topic sentence that expresses the main idea (i.e. empowerment method) of the paragraph. Do you know what I mean? And every time you use a paragraph to explain a way you would empower that mother, you should cite the reading where you found it by putting the author's name in parentheses.

:-)

Let's see what you come up with!
OP donna76 1 / 1  
Thanks,your advice has really helped! :-)

Home / Essays / The structure of an empowerment essay (a woman who lost children social services)