Structure of a Personal Narrative Essay (gender and culture influence)

tranduy 1 / 1  
Hi,

I have to write an essay, but I am unclear about the structure. Can you please give me some advices on this?

Topic: How did gender and culture influence you?
Type Essay: Personal Narrative

For the structure, I plan to write three body paragraphs, each with a different aspect about culture and/or gender (topic sentence). Then, I will relate how my life has been affected by each of those aspects (supporting details). Basically, I will tell three short stories in my essay. Does it work?

I have some uncertainties about that, because based on what I know, we only pick one story for the whole personal narrative essay.I feel this way make it harder for me to explain the topic completely. If my plan does not work, what should I do?

Thank you.
htrrkt 2 / 3  
It depends on if you were given a word count, but you can definitely talk about more than one thing. You do have to remember that normally essay are on the shorter side so you might one to narrow it down to 2 major points that you want to stress upon. If you start putting too many thoughts in a short essay, you will either lose the reader because you are all over the place or your word length will get in the way and you won't be able to stress upon all your ideas. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
Mustafa1991 8 / 373 4  
Use one personal narrative, uninterrupted by breaks. Incorporate different events through casual transitions.
I plan to write three body paragraphs, each with a different aspect about culture and/or gender (topic sentence).

Sounds like you understand composition! That is great.

This is like what I was thinking. Can you link the stories together as parts of one ongoing story?

I really can't predict if it will work or not, but I can't wait to see it! I am intrigued.
OP tranduy 1 / 1  
Thanks for your advices.

Home / Essays / Structure of a Personal Narrative Essay (gender and culture influence)