How to structure an essay with the title, examine the changes in social policy

stacey1985 1 / -  
I have never written an essay and am really confused about how to structure this essay. can anyone help please? The title is: Examine the changing policy and attitudes to the british welfare state since 1601. Any help at all would be fantastic. thanks
Here is another page that will help: Collection of Example Essays -- "good structure"

This is how I help people achieve good structure:
1. begin the essay with an interesting, attention-grabbing sentence.
2.) End the first paragraph with a thesis statement that expresses the essay's main idea.
3.) Let each paragraph be about a single idea that is expressed in the "topic sentence" (google "topic sentence" to learn about it.

4.) Make sure every topic sentence is a sentence that helps show that your thesis statement is true.
5.) In the conclusion, reflect on the IMPLICATIONS of what you showed in the essay.

This is my secret formula for good structure!
tarnz1983 - / 1  
Topic help (identify and area of change and discuss its impact of society)

i need to write an academic essay and have four credible sources but my mind is blank at the moment i cant come up with a good idea and i cant start it of my mind is blank please help me all the info i have is (IDENTIFY AN AREA OF CHANGE AND DISCUSS ITS IMPACT ON SOCIETY). My intro needs a hook an overview of the essay and clear thesis statement. please if anybody could help me with a topic and possibly help me start of the essay i would be forever grateful.
TheStoneAmber 1 / 3  
Well, what are you interested in? What are your hobbies and likes? If, say, you enjoy cooking, you can talk about the changes in food over the years and how it has impacted on our modern world (say, the rising levels of obesity due to unhealthy eating habits, or the leap from hunting and gathering food to cultivating it). If you are a horse rider, you can talk about how the horse has helped us in wars, in farming and in transport. if you like machinery, you could talk about the stream train and so on. Do a brain storm, write down your ideas, and see where you can go from there. It's what I do!

Home / Essays / How to structure an essay with the title, examine the changes in social policy