Struggling for Perseverance Essay

longforit 1 / 1  
(250 words) - Align students often cite the critical importance of perseverance-the capacity to keep iterating and working a problem.

Tell us about a time you had to persevere. How has that shaped your career trajectory?

I came across this prompt in my computer science conversion course application. Writing on Perseverance is easy, but I really don't know how to connect it with computer science. I think the best angle is to write about how I solve a problem with programming, but I had zero experience with it. Could I write about a time when I had to persevere through and finish a difficult and tedious task at work? (but this work was not very detail-oriented). Although I eventually finished the task successfully, I realized maybe I could use programming to automate my work.

Please give me some advice. Thanks in advance!
You do not necessarily have to connect the discussion with your interest in computer science. This is actually a character prompt. It is asking you to prove that you have the patience and tenacity that is required of a college student. You can use any sort of situation that you found yourself requiring to persevere. It does not have to be related to programming. However, you should be able to relate that experience with an enlightenment regarding your desire undertake this course. Explain how your career path was shaped by the perseverance that you had to implement during this task. Yes, it can be work related. Detail oriented work would be better to present so that you can somehow relate that your career path. However, if you do not have any such experience, then do not force yourself to make something up. It will be highly difficult for you to do so. You can still use the simple perseverance story, provided you can explain how it opened your mind to the need for you to use programming to automate your work.
OP longforit 1 / 1  
Thank you very much for the advice!! Could you help me with the HOW HAS THAT SHAPED YOUR CAREER TRAJECTORY part. I am a student and do not have career path yet. Can I write about my future plan?
starky_thelad - / 2  
Hey! Perhaps you have already completed the task but here's what I think lol. Maybe you can talk about how you solved a situation using various problem-solving strategies. How you had to stay focused and dedicated in a course you were weak at to get the results you wanted. It doesn't have to be directly computer science-based, they just wanna see how well you communicate yourself and apply your previous experiences in this specific scenario. Hope this helps! Best of luck and good wishes for the future!

Home / Essays / Struggling for Perseverance Essay