Studying for a degree in graphic design - I've never wrote a 3000 word Essay before

DD247 1 / -  
I'm currently studying for a degree in graphic design, my first essay has to be 3000 words on a subject that is open for me to choose but obviously subjected towards art or design.

The problem is I have not got a clue how to write an essay? I've never had to write one nor am I any good at writing.

I have managed to find "how to write an essay" tutorials but they seem gobbledegook to me. I'm looking for something that is simple to use as a guide.

To be honest being asked to write an essay is as appealing to me as jumping off a cliff.

Can anybody help?
shknght 1 / 5  
Hi :)

It isn't hard at all :). Start off with a topic that you're passionate about. This makes doing research, which is usually the hardest part, easier and more enjoyable. Once you have a topic, find three subtopics. You ultimately conclude with a summary of all that you've learned. I always say write with contradiction: Your paper needs to be fluid and yet concrete int he way you organize your thoughts. Readers want facts and not necessarily your opinion. That also gives your writing credibility. Good Luck!!
Chigozie 13 / 22 2  
Start off with your passion and how it lead you into dicovering this field of interest. you tell the moderator want you want to use for degree for.. always explain your main points because that give the reader a sense of direction towards what you hope to accomplish... you can do this ... Goodluck ...

Home / Essays / Studying for a degree in graphic design - I've never wrote a 3000 word Essay before