Studying History is pointless - stuck on this essay question

sophi1994 1 / -  

historical knowledge - is it worthy to have it in the new era?

Hi, I'm new but i'm really stuck on this essay question

Studying History is pointless. Do you agree with this statement?

Any feedback (Preferably in depth) would be great

Thanks
Azeri 10 / 137  
Hi, Sophi.

Before starting an essay you should choose your standpoint. Then write an introduction and complete it with a thesis statement to indicate whether your agree or disagree with the topic, and what the essay will center on. Then comes the body of the essay. Select 2,3 or more strong reasons, as many as you can find and discuss them, by allocating one paragraph for each argument.

You may support them with examples, saying, quotes and explanatory sentences. Finally, write a conclusion, summarazing your work, and stating arguments that you brought to support your point of view.

If you haven't formed your opinion about the topic, search in the Internet. google "why study history". you'll see plenty of materials relating to the topic.

historyguide.org/guide/study.html
historians.org/pubs/free/whystudyhistory.htm

After finishing the essay, place it here. Forum members will check the grammar and content, and provide relevant improvements.

Good luck!
Hi Sophi,

Rather than repeating the good advice azeri gave, I'll add that your essay should be a little like music. You have to listen for it, and when the words come to mind they have a kind of rhythm.

Ask yourself this question, is studying history pointless, and see what sentence comes to mind.

Yes, because we should stay in the present moment. No, because humanity repeats its mistakes if history is not studied. Maybe, depending on what is important to you.

Whatever argument you choose, get inspired!

Remember that one paragraph = one well-developed idea that is given in the topic sentence of the paragraph.

Home / Essays / Studying History is pointless - stuck on this essay question