Tell us about a time you had to persevere. How has that shaped your career trajectory?

pratikshagadhe 1 / -  

writing Career change essay

Hello everyone. I need some help with the above admission prompt that I came across. I've to write an essay on above prompt using 250 words. So, I've a Bachelor's degree in civil engineering and later I did an MBA with a specialization in Finance. Now I'm thinking about going for Master's in computer science as I'm very interested to learn more about the computer world . But the problem is that I don't know how to justify my career transition in the essay. Do you think that writing about my challenges or weaknesses will make the essay sound weak?

Could someone help me with that?
Career change is always an interesting topic to discuss in thest essays. Specially if you had to overcome obstacles to achieve it. For this essay, you could discuss your love or passion for computer science and why you had not pursued it sooner. Show that you have never wavered from that career choice even as circumstances forced you to opt for a non related coren before. That is where the perseverance discussion will come in.

I cannot really give more advice about it at this point. I need to read the draft essay first. Just to see the direction and pick out which information can be used to highlight the discussion. Please draft one and post it here for reference.

By the way, the topic does not need to focus on the masters course. Any personal experience related to perseverance will work too.

Home / Essays / Tell us about a time you had to persevere. How has that shaped your career trajectory?