Essay template on "Walking"

3flip 1 / 4  
I am a graduating undergraduate pre-med student in my second, and last, english course. I just started my final essay, a piece on "Walden", and thought it would be fun to post my recently constructed essay template (below). I do not have much time to write (or at least that is what I tell myself) and I do not do it often. However, I do enjoy it and have fun on the rare occasions I find myself in the process. So tell me what you think of it, I thought it was clever (ha). However, I don't really want suggestions, as I would prefer to have any writing I do to be entirely of my own creation (no offense to staff or forum users). If you think it is stupid and that I am a poor writer, please comment and elaborate, for it will serve as a great distraction later when I become bored of writing and need a break. Maybe I'll learn something.

Walking or Sitting, Nature or Civilization

"Walking", a piece written by Henry David Thoreau in the year 1861 has survived as a seminal work in English and, along with Emerson's "Nature", one of the primary literary resources embraced by the contemporary environmentalist movement. Although not as well known as "Walden", his famous book in which he discusses a simple life in nature, or as his essay, "Civil Disobedience", in which he defends the individual resistance to a morally unjust government, "Walking" remains, in a modern world where the messages detailed in his works have so much relevance, as one of his most profound literary compositions. The following piece will be presented as a Thoreau-inspired, and perhaps Transcendalist, reflection on "Walking".

Thoreau begins by saying this, and then he says that. I will present my opinion on this, of which may belong to the collection of those in favor or, perhaps, not. I will then do the same for that. I will add my own reflection for this and that, through examples in my own life and maybe others'. I am only writing at this moment to see if I have enough text to gauge how the following essay I will write will look in double space format. It looks great; I cannot wait to write it. The italicized items below are simply notes that I have written earlier to save space in my memory for further ideas and allocations.

All that matters is your peace of mind. No worries.
Living every moment like it is your last.
EF_Team5 - / 1,586  
Hello!

Thank you for posting your template. I am sure others will find it very helpful.

Regards,
Gloria
Moderator, EssayForum.com

Home / Essays / Essay template on "Walking"