We tend to spend our time doing the things we know we do well

Sofia 4 / 12  
I need some help in writing my admission essay. How can I start it?

Topic: We tend to spend our time doing the things we know we do well- running because we are good runners, or painting because we are talented artists. Tell us about a time when you tried something for which you had no talent. How did it go?

I don't know how to start this essay...please, help...if you can
BrokeAggie /  
Think of something you tried that you were not real good at, and write how you handled it. Most likely they are looking for how you applied yourself to overcome the challenge and succeeded.
Oh, choose an experience that is close to your heart, something that you will be able to write about with inspiration! In fact, choose any activity that you would like to write about, and explain it as something that you were not good at.. even if, perhaps, you have become good at it by now...

:)
dboyd435 5 / 20  
try maybe a class that you struggled through, but in the end you ended up getting an A. or possibly a family experience? You could use some hobby that you tried out. Have you ever failed at anything, and how did that affect you... did it make you stronger?
eiiia 7 / 19  
hmm, if you have absolutely no experience to talk about, try cooking an entirely unfamiliar dish or baking a super complex cake or maybe sewing a tissue box cover. It probably would take you only a day to discover what disasters can happen.

Good luck (:
jrand17 2 / 6  
you could think of the first time you did something, like ride a bike or try a new food. although think of something more recent than that.
OP Sofia 4 / 12  
Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!! I'll do my best ;)

Home / Essays / We tend to spend our time doing the things we know we do well