Need a thesis for debate on software application use

tishaj30 1 / 1  
I need help coming up with a thesis for Microsoft SharePoint 2007. The topic is whether this software can be used for records management. The author Brent Gatewood, who my paper is based on, states through 3/4 the article why it isn't. The last part of his article he states if your going to use it, you can, but with limitations. He goes on to list what those limitations are before closing out his debate. I've looked all over the web Ann's can't find any thesis statement on any software out there to give me an idea on how to approach this. Please please help!!!
kellan - / 1  
Assuming said software products will be used for keeping and maintenance of records of publicly accountable institutions such as schools and companies, a possible debate topic could be

'Federal regulations to ensure proper record keeping are necessary if software is the main form of record keeping infrastructure'
OP tishaj30 1 / 1  
Let me provide more info...The assignment is to determine the tone of the author on the subject, state his tone and opinion and provide quotes from the author supporting his claims. The author claims SharePoint 2007 should not be used and goes through and lists his reasons why. He eventually gets to stating that ok..under certain circumstances you could use the software but the use is very limited. He goes on to list that in order for this software to be used for any real record keeping a certain criteria will need to be met.

How do I form all of that into a thesis statement to show this is what my paper will be discussing? His view on if this software can be used or not?
Tisha, first of all you are already determined that this is the path of the thesis paper that you're going for so you have to be ready for hours and hours of research to make this thesis onto paper, do not limit yourself on the internet, read some papers too, latest issues on current software and technological breakthroughs, they might have some valuable information that can support your thesis or at least support the thesis in other ways.

Also, you have to make sure that you have covered the basics of thesis writing.

- gather your facts
- keep your figures, data and analysis true to the facts gathered
- expand your search
- keep an open idea to configure your study
- cite examples
- be objective
- keep a good flow of your writing article into your much needed conclusion of the subject
- add your personal thoughts on the subject at hand

Lastly, conclude by citing facts on the thesis and how it can affect the community or yourself to start with.
I hope to see your thesis here on EF so we can assist you further.

Home / Essays / Need a thesis for debate on software application use