Thesis statement about children with gay fathers - Need advice

asuaniu02 1 / 1  
i am not so good at coming up with a thesis...i am writing a critical analysis of the essay by Robert L Barret and Bryan E. Robinson...thank you!
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
Well, what do you think of the essay? What was its thesis? Did you agree or disagree? Why? Did they make any particularly good points? Was there anything they got wrong or neglected to say? What are the implications of what they wrote?

Jot down your answers to those questions, reviewing the essay you are analyzing as you go, and what you want to say in response to the essay will begin to emerge. Once you have a start, post it here for feedback.
I haven't read the essay in question, but if the topic is children with gay fathers, then the obvious question for you to answer would be "how does having a gay father affect a child?" and/or "Is this good or bad for the child?"
newsha31 19 / 75  
well first you sould think what's your position on the subject. what do you think about it. also here is a website that makes theses

ozline/electraguide/thesis.html
OP asuaniu02 1 / 1  
Here is my thesis: Parenting styles of gay fathers are not markedly different from those of other sinlge fathers, because gay fathers try to create a more stable environment and more positive relationships with their children.

- i basically agree with this because sexual preference of the fathers does not change their priorities in their children's lives.
EF_Simone 2 / 1,986  
Your thesis is self-contradictory. You say that gay fathers are "not markedly different" but then list two differences, that they "try to create a more stable environment and more positive relationships." This is just a structural problem with how you have phrased the thesis. The idea itself -- that sexual orientation does not change the priorities of fathers and that, indeed, gay fathers may be even more motivated to create stable environments and positive relationships -- is sound and supported by research.
oanhmiss2 - / 3  
my father

Outline the topic: my father

1:Intro
2:Body
a,introduction to my father
+,About age,address,or job...
b,The character of my father
+,funny,friendly,loving.caring...
c,My father gave me life's good and true thing
+,provied me with the necessities in life about materal,spirit
+help me about the difficul in my life,taugh me everything about life
3:Conclution

This is outline in my topic,i hope they wil read and edit for me.thank so much....
testing /  
You could add what you think the future relation between you and your father may be..

Home / Essays / Thesis statement about children with gay fathers - Need advice