Thesis statement for comparing orangutans and gorillas paper

egyptiandoll 1 / -  
Hi I have to write a paper on a comparative description of orangutans and gorillas. My thesis of my essay is: While both an orangutan and gorilla are primates, there are distinctions which allow them to stand on their own. Does that work or what is a better one? Also, how would I go about writing the paper? Would I write a paragraph on gorillas behaviour and than one on orangutans, or write one paragraph comparing both?

Thanks!
fat_cobra00 1 / 3  
stand on their own what ?
I think you need more detail in thesis
and it would not be a bad idea to write a paragraph for each
Does that work or what is a better one?

It'll be better if you make it interesting. Write the whole essay first, and then think of a thesis statement. Google this:
compare contrast essay alternating opposing

You will find something very helpful.

If you choose the opposing type, you might write your first body paragraph about their physical attributes and show how they are similar and how they are different.

You might write the second body para about their habits and activities, and show how they are similar and different.

You might write the third body para about their diet...

And when all body paragraphs are written, you will know them well enough to make an INTERESTING observation. Maybe you will end the first para with a thesis statement that makes an analogy about them compared to some other pair of things.

See what I mean, though? Make a thesis statement that tells the reader your interesting observation.

Home / Essays / Thesis statement for comparing orangutans and gorillas paper