Thesis Statement on a History Essay

essayloverdaw 1 / -  
How can i write John Peter Zenger's thesis? I need a statement guide please...

Please help.
It's easy! You can start by typing one sentence about him.

It can be any sentence. Just type a sentence about Zenger, and it will be the main idea for a paragraph.

You just have to do that a few times until you have several great ideas about him, and when you mix them together you'll get a lot of new ideas. It's Idea Alchemy. And as you mash them together, you'll come to some conclusion -- some big observation.

If you mash enough ideas together, you will come up with that big observation, your thesis.
katier577 1 / 6 2  
Thesis Statement for History Essay: Is it strong enough?

Hello there!
I'm currently working on a history paper and I've come up with a rough body of information that I'd like to cover. If anyone would be so kind as to give me some feedback about my thesis statement and let me know if it can be strengthened or needs more detail, it would be greatly appreciated! Here is what I'm working with so far:

"The evolution of women's labor activism from the late 19th century through the 1960s, as well as social feminist literature, and the widespread use of birth control were the leading factors that contributed to the development of the women's liberation movement in the late 1960s."

Thanks very much for your time!
SilverKnight 15 / 55 4  
It'll work. I just have one suggestion. Instead of putting the subject (women's liberation movement of the late 60s) at the end of your thesis statement, why not put at the beginning? Something like: "The women's liberation movement of the late 1960s came about as a result of..." or "The women's liberation movement of the late 1960s evolved out of..."

Of course, it's only a suggestion and if your paper flows better the way you have it, then you can completely disregard this comment.
katier577 1 / 6 2  
Thank you very much! I agree with you. I feel like that would make it sound stronger.

Home / Essays / Thesis Statement on a History Essay