A Thousand Splendid Suns thesis: the female protagonists have to sacrifice their youth and freedom..

ziggystardust 1 / -  
I was given various theme topics for the book "A Thousand Splendid Suns" and I decided to choose the topic sacrifice to make a thesis out of. My thesis is :

In the book A Thousand Splendid Suns, the female protagonists have no choice but to sacrifice their youth and freedom in the circumstances they are given as proven in the book through violence, poverty, and role in society.

Does my thesis present a valid argument? Does it make sense?
JuanSebastianR 23 / 63 37  
Dear Harkeerat,

The thesis statement sounds good to me. In the following paragraphs, you will prove the argument by talking about violence, poverty, and the female protagonists' role in society.

Here is one correction:

In the book A Thousand Splendid Suns, (...) sacrifice their youth and freedom in the circumstances they are given as proven in the book through violence, poverty, and their role in society.

Your thesis statement may change along the way in your writing. So focus more on organizing your ideas and making sure that your paragraphs tie back to the thesis statement. When you finish each paragraph written, ask yourself: "Does this tie back to te thesis?" This will help you stay focused throughout the whole essay.

I look forward to reading the whole essay.

My best regards,

Juan Sebastian Rubio Lopez

Home / Essays / A Thousand Splendid Suns thesis: the female protagonists have to sacrifice their youth and freedom..