Topic: following your dreams, higher education, the failing US Education system? Issue of importance

AndrewB 3 / 9 2  
Prompt:
Choose an issue of importance to you - the issue could be personal, school related, local, political, or international in scope - and write an essay in which you explain the significance of that issue to yourself, your family, your community, or your generation.

I'm having trouble coming up with topics for the prompt above. I have some but every time i start writing I get to a point that I don't know what else to say.

some topics:

following your dreams.
higher education
the failing US Education system - focuses on grade school not university or college
The lack of motivation among the populous to pursue Space Exploration.

Any help or other topic ideas would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Camilabido 6 / 11  
what is your intended major?
rex32 - / 2 1  
issue of importance

Many colleges are asking applicants about an issue, or social problem they concerns most and what the student hope to do to make it better or solve it. This is the opportunity for you to show your critical thinking skills and sense of social responsibility. It's always better to relate it to your career goal. Colleges want motivated students who has clear goal and a will to make the world a better place, instead of just focusing on themselves.

For the first two ideas, they are too general, it must be a problem that you concerns.
"populous to pursue Space Exploration". To be honest , I have no idea what you mean by this.
If you want to talk about the failing US educational system. " focuses on grade school not university or college" is it a problem within your community? why it's a problem? why you care about it ? and then talk about its impact to your community. Do you want to solve that problem?

"other topic ideas?" It must be your own idea, the problem you concern about. So nobody can help you about this.
huzefaa 2 / 18 3  
should definitely be something to do with your intended major , or something very personal
OP AndrewB 3 / 9 2  
Thank you for your input.

rex32 - the topic you had a question about I hadn't thought through.

My intended major is Aerospace Engineering

Home / Essays / Topic: following your dreams, higher education, the failing US Education system? Issue of importance