Essay Topic : Hope. (What does that mean?A final exam essay topic! Just Hope.)

VagueEssay 1 / -  
Okay i had this final exam and the last essay that they told us to write was:
#1 Hope
#2 Lessons
#3 Open your eyes

Wtf!!!! what does that mean??? it was just:" write an essay between 350 to 450 words on one of the following essay topics:"
1 Hope;
2 lessons;
3 open your eyes.

i had easy topics for provincials before like:
agree or disagree blah blah blah
what is blah blah blah ? why?
list three benefits of blah blah blah

REMOVED by EF_Kevin

BTW
found similar post from another confused student. it was unanswered. thats why im posting this so that maybe this time it would be answered

thanks
freezard7734 17 / 209  
Woah!... First off, let's keep the profanity down. Swearing won't get you answers.

Personally, I find the more vague, the better because you have a wider range of options. I see that you wanted to write about "Hope." Just reflect on your past and think of the experiences that gave you hope. It could be doing well on your first test or winning a small game of chess. It doesn't have to be epic. Just find out the small things that give you hope, pull out an experience from the back of your head, and write about it. Write about what happened, how the experience gave you hope, and what you learned from it.

For "Lessons," think of something foolish you did.. or even something stupid someone else did. How did your/their actions affect others? What did you learn from you/their actions?

For "Open your Eyes," you should take this metaphorically. When you open your eyes, you see things you didn't see before. When was the last time you had that feeling? Maybe its a stereotype you always believed until an experience showed you that stereotypes are, in fact, almost never true.

Hope this helps.
Yeah, about the profanity... I hope it doesn't seem like I am infringing on your human rights when I tell you that I'm going to suspend your membership if you don't keep some semblance of dignity in your communication. I'm sorry if you feel censored, but I'm not going to spend my time editing the profanity out of your posts, and I'm not going to let you diminish the quality of EssayForum's culture, either. The idea here is to communicate powerfully, eloquently, so people might take you seriously.

About the topics, I don't see anything difficult about writing an essay about "open your eyes." Obviously, it is open to your interpretation.

If you care about trying to figure out what life and death are all about, and if you reflect enough on life to figure out what is important to you, you'll come up with insights you want to share. When that happens, I'll be able to challenge you with any set of words and you'll use it as a vehicle for your expression of truth.

So... maybe you are disappointed with your teachers or frustrated about writing, but try to catch that appreciation for the art. Your writing is like your... personal power, or whatever you want to call it. Make every sentence count, and don't start typing until you have an idea that is really inspired.

The purpose of an essay is to enable you to explain a concept that requires more than a simple sentence of explanation. You can go deep into a concept and give YOUR unique angle on that concept.

Home / Essays / Essay Topic : Hope. (What does that mean?A final exam essay topic! Just Hope.)