TRANSFER reasons; Need help with "What I would like to achieve"

eric12421 1 / -  
Please provide a statement (250 words minimum) that addresses your reasons for transferring and the objectives you hope to achieve.

Im kinda stuck here on this one...I went Community College of Rhode Island and Ill be graduating this may, but its only a two year institution, but just to clarify something, should I be concentrating more upon the "What I would like to achieve" section...and also with the common application I'm applying at three schools listed so would I have to write a different essay for each one or does it send the same essay to all three?

Thanks
Eric Narkiewicz
Well, you should start by explaining why you want to transfer, which will hopefully lead naturally into a discussion of what you hope to achieve by transferring. I don't know the answer to your common applications questions -- I get the idea that's an American thing, so hopefully one of the other moderators or contributors can help you out there, but if you have a choice, specific essays tailored to each one would be a better way to go.
hunnybun39 10 / 26  
Well do the different essays have different requirements? if not you can use the same essay, but I would still tailor it for the specific school you are sending it too, so it is not too generic, schools want to know why you want to go to there school.
ugyawali - / 2  
Transfer essay - from a liberal arts college to another liberal arts college

Hi everyone, I wish to transfer from a liberal arts college to another liberal arts college, I am actually transfering to get closer to my family and the college I am wishing to transfer is higher ranked than that of college I am right now, but this may not be the only cause to include in the essay, Please advise..Thank you
Ulugbek1991 2 / 6  
Hi ugyawali.

There are 5 goods reasons to transfer:

1. Finances

2. Academics

3. Social and personal aspects.

4. Extenuating circumstances.

You can find more explanation and information on web site about.com

Good luck in your transfering.
ugyawali - / 2  
Thank you so much, appreciate it!
aparecium321 1 / 4 5  
Common Application transfer essay - reasons for transferring and the objectives I hope to achieve.

Hi.

I am using the Common Application to transfer to only one college, to the University of San Francisco. The transfer essay prompt asks to write the reasons for transferring and the objectives I hope to achieve. Since I am only applying to that college using the common app, can I write the essay specific to that school or do I have to write a general essay that applies to any college?
Bayan 2 / 2  
I prefer that you should write two essays. Write one is general ideas, and then take from the general some ideas to make another specific essay since every college has their own questions that you have to answer them.

Home / Essays / TRANSFER reasons; Need help with "What I would like to achieve"