UCD smurfit essay question - explaining why I wish to undertake this programme, future career

BEEZYBEE 1 / 1  
I have to answer the question

Please state your reasons for wishing to undertake this programme.

Ideally, how would you like to see your career develop over the next 5 years? as an essay.

I have applied to 2 courses with my first preference of msc marketing and second preference msc digital marketing.
Please tell me how should I encompass reasons to undertake both preferences in one or should i make 2 different answers?
iygnit 4 / 7 1  
In my option, I think it would be more compelling if you state the reasons in detail for each course.
Unless the essay allows you to combine both majors into one response as some universities allow the applicants to do, I do not suggest doing that. It is always better to fully discuss each MSc in a separate essay. That way you can focus on fully detailing your reasons for choosing the program and your projected 5 year career plan. By separating the discussion, you take your potential career into 2 different directions rather than trying to create a combined career plan.

The reviewer demands a clear flow of thought from the applicant. That means having a focused discussion on every course you want to take. The problem with combined career discussions is that you will focus too much on one course rather than having an equal presentation for both. That is why it is always better to go individual in the essay discussion. Make sure that each essay makes the course sound like it is your first course preference to increase your chances of consideration. Never indicate a preference for one or the other so that the reviewer can consider you for either course with equal reasons applied.

However, if the prompt allows for a combined discussion, then go ahead and do so. Just make sure to provide equal attention to each course in the discussion. More importantly, you will need to make sure that your combined 5 year career plan actually makes sense and will actually be doable within the indicated time frame. It will be more difficult to write but if you feel that you can do a properly developed discussion in a combined essay, then go for it.
OP BEEZYBEE 1 / 1  
In one of the paragraphs I have written as follows, is it a good way to combine?
In a brief study, I found that Trinity has modules like Entrepreneurship, Ethical business in its curriculum, which I didn't find in any B-school of my country. I find the courses in Trinity are so well designed with all the required modules packaged into one. The opportunity to work on a project with the industry experts in Trinity Term excites me. My immediate goal is to improve my analytical, interpersonal communication skills and with my key interest in subjects of Brand Management and Digital Marketing, I look forward to taking up challenging roles. The choice of MSc Marketing, and Digital Marketing Strategy both aligns well with my immediate and long-term goal of Entrepreneurship. I believe the skills, values, and knowledge that I will learn from this legacy, will help me to enhance managerial skills and develop me to become a successful entrepreneur. I look forward to being a part of this esteemed institute.@ Holt?

Home / Essays / UCD smurfit essay question - explaining why I wish to undertake this programme, future career