How understand the topic: What from your experiences attracts you specifically to the field of study

minminminmin 1 / 1  
Can someone explain what should I write for this topic? Should I write an anecdote that decided my choice in field of study?
For applicants to Columbia College, please tell us what from your current and past experiences (either academic or personal) attracts you specifically to the field or fields of study that you noted in the Member Questions section. If you are currently undecided, please write about any field or fields in which you may have an interest at this time. (300 words or less)
admission2012 - / 477 90  
This question is asking you to explain exactly why are you applying for the major that you state in you application. They also want you to explain any past experiences you may have had pertaining to that major, experiences that affirm your desire to study a particular major. For example, if you want to study biology and have experience volunteering at a hospital , that would be a great support experience to list. - Admissions Advice Online
OP minminminmin 1 / 1  
If I am going to apply for Slavic Studies, can I write about my visit to Russia?
admission2012 - / 477 90  
Yes, but you need to show how this trip inspired you to want to study Slavic Studies. - Admissions Advice Online

Home / Essays / How understand the topic: What from your experiences attracts you specifically to the field of study