A "unique" person that can bring something new to the school, and get accepted. Is it me?

Knights07 1 / -  
Can you give me some ideas on what I could write to make myself interesting. I'm Chinese, in all Honors, and I do very well in school. I play the Baritone, and I'm very responsible, respectful, and nice. I don't play any sports. What are good qualities I could share about myself? How could I make myself seem like a "unique" person that can bring something new to the school, and get accepted. Also, help me get an outline of what to write such as Introduction, body, conclusion? Should I write it in the form of a letter? PLEASE HELP!

Essay Prompt:
Write an essay introducing yourself to the admissions committee. Make sure to highlight at least three qualities you consider to be your best attributes.
Adoor 1 / 2 1  
I suggest you to start writing the essay/ article and then post it here to get some feedback. It is quite difficult for anyone to mention what is unique about you.

But I advice you to write about your childhood/ Background/ Achievements in school in introduction. In main frame talk about the three qualities as mentioned in the essay prompt. One can definitely be your skill to play baritone. Discover the other two within yourself. You can boost about your organisational skills but giving a scenario where you took hold of the situation or you lead your team. In the final stage mention about your future aspirations and what are your steps to achieve it. And get to conclusion..

I am not the best at writing essays myself but I hope my notes help you.
You definitely do not want to write this paper in letter form. No college application papers should be written in letter form unless specified. For an introductory essay, you must, as the prompt specifies, choose 3 of your best qualities and discuss these in the paper. The first quality you should discuss is your being an honor student and how that has affected your ability to have a balanced academic and social life. Are you a member of the school choir? Remember, you do not "play" a baritone, you "sing" the part in the choir or as a soloist. Play up the successful activities that you participated in as a member of the choir. Lastly, discuss your leadership abilities as most universities look for those traits in students. You may not be a school jock but you can still be a leader through any volunteer activities you might have or even simply as an older sibling in your family. How do you positively influence your siblings?

The format should be as follows:

1. Introduction - give an overview of your personality, who you are, where you are from, and the kind of family that you come from.

2. Body 1 - Discuss your honor student qualities and how it helps you achieve in life.

3. Body 2 - Singing the baritone part and what your experience in the choir has taught you about life, team building, team work, etc.

4. Body 3 - Leadership qualities as explained above.

5. Conclusion - Sum up your qualities into the most positive requirement that a student at this university should have. Align it with the core values of the school if they have any.

Use the outline above to draft your first version and we can work on improving it into its final form.

Home / Essays / A "unique" person that can bring something new to the school, and get accepted. Is it me?