Essay about University entrance exams

selmaxyz 1 / -  
University entrance exams are becoming increasingly popular. The European Committee for Higher Education and Research wants to find out what students think about the use of such exams. They have invited students from all over Europe to send in essays in which they argue for or against taking university entrance exams.

You have decided to write an essay. You should:

analyse the usefulness of university entrance exams
 evaluate the impact of university entrance exams on teaching at school
 discuss consequences of the results of university entrance exams on students.

Please post your essay.
This type of essay needs to be written from a personal point of view. Consider your opinion based on the relevance of the entrance exams to your chosen career. Do you see it as a hindrance or a good assessment tool for your possible success in your chosen profession? The guide questions are there to help provide you with specific discussion points for an essay that has a maximum of 5 paragraphs. You may use some personal considerations such as the ability of exams to prevent talented but intellectually challenged people from entering their considered profession. For example, you can also refer to how the teaching methods are all theoretical in presentation, the same as exams, when there are some people who excel in a specific field based on practical skills and on the job learning as opposed to theoretical explanations. It will all depend upon what kind of learner you perceive yourself to be. Once you understand how you learn (theoretical or practical), then you will be able to properly address the guide questions for the essay.

Home / Essays / Essay about University entrance exams