"Purpose of University- money or education?" - stuck on a research essay

rayguy 1 / 1  
Hi, i am stuck on my research essay. My topic is "Purpose of University- money or education?" I believe it's education but i cannot find enough point to support it. If anyone can suggest some points that would be great. A link to a site would be better! It is a persuasive essay.

Here is my intro, im not sure if it is great but please comment about the way it's written or it does not make sense. As you can see i am missing my thesis statement of 3 points.

Why do people go to university? Is it because they want more knowledge or simply because they want to get a better job? Some could be really passionate about learning, some just wanted a better job later on and some went because parents demanded them too. All these reasons do not share the same objective. This misguided many young students, as the original purpose of education is going through the process of gaining knowledge. Knowledge is what helps us through difficulties in our life and it is what stays until the moment we die.

Thanks in advance!
courtsnow27 2 / 2  
you can say something about how people go to a university to learn more so they can make more money
OP rayguy 1 / 1  
what i meant for education is knowledge. This is a one-sided essay and i chose education so i cant go on talking about money.

But thanks for the reply!
If you cannot find evidence to support the idea, why do you believe the idea is correct. I want to write a paper that says people named Kevin are smarter than average, but I cannot find any evidence to support it!

So, I should look at the articles and books BEFORE I make an argument.
Write your body paragraphs about the articles you find and THEN give a thesis statement.

the three parts of the thesis will probably come from articles you read.

Search your article database for these words: "reasons for attending college"
And these words: "reasons for attending university"
And: motives, "college students" employment, learning, reasons

When you search, those are good words to use!
:-)

Home / Essays / "Purpose of University- money or education?" - stuck on a research essay