values (Pluralism) and organization in a work place

syeda 1 / 5  
Hi can someone help with

a) developing a plan contanning three objevtices to promote values ( pluralism, inclusiceness, equity, or sustanianility) picked for selected organization ( school, religious group, a community organization or a work place)

b) Identify methods for putting each of three points into practise
c) identify one indeicatorfor each of the plan so that you will knoe when that part is achieved.

the value that i picked is Pluralism
and the organization i picked is a work place

Please help me its urgent. I dont know how to start this or anithing
OP syeda 1 / 5  
PLz help ME any ONE
RabiaG 1 / 30  
Mhmmmm. Interesting topic.
You may want to start out by explaining the problems that a work place may have with diversity and multi-cultures, and then briefly state on how you wish to solve it.

I hope I'm right about what pluralism is.

Certain methods or plans that one can instill in the work area might be
1) Making sure the work place has diverse bosses, they should be from different places, and the workers as well. Therefore, people can become aware and acknowledged of others and their cultures.

2) Do not be isolated from others.

3) Be open minded, if you want others to know about your culture or belief, try to ask and question and be interested with others beliefs. A great conversation might begin.

Hope I helped.
Good Luck!
Are we talking about moral pluralism?

For each value you promote, think of ways to promote it. One way to promote pluralism is to spread awareness of the significance of pluralism. This can be achieved by posting an article, for example, or by writing an open letter to the employees.

The plan should have three goals, so what would your goals be if you wanted people to embrace pluralism?

When you think of three goals, you can easily think of three methods.

When you think of three methods, you can easily think of what might indicate that the method is working.

Can you tell me a little about these values as they are being discussed in class? I'm curious! :-) Sounds like a great class. Did your teacher give you a good example to follow?
OP syeda 1 / 5  
Thank You Rabia. you really helped me .

Kevin my teacher did not give me example to follow becuase i am taking ILC HSB4M
but i sure can tell you about the values

Effects of changing Canadian Values

1) Pluralism: society accepts and celebrates differences. i e.. Canadian Charter of Rights and Human Freedom.
2) Equity: is a notion that all groups of people in society should be treated equally and properly. i.e, in 1988, prime minister Mulroney Apologized to Japanese Canadians for their Internment in world War 2 and offered financial compensation package.

3) Inclusiveness: no one should be barred from the life of a society due to a particular character they have. i.e, Scouts Canada made changes to their policy by allowing girls to become scouts.

4) Sustainability: means ensuring that we do not pollute our environment and destroy earth. i.e, your neighbors got rid of their large SUV and bought a hybrid gasoline car. since such vehicles use less gas.
Oh, I see! So we are talking about pluralism in a broad sense: tolerance and appreciation.

It is interesting also to note that there is a connection between pluralism and relativism. Pluralism is about being accepting, but relativism is about everybody judging what is right or wrong according to their own standards. So... relativism can be considered to be a kind of pluralsm that leads to bad things, like justifying ruthless business practices.

But anyway, that has little to do with your project!

So, we know that you need to choose goals based on your understanding of pluralism. Perhaps you can organize a multicultural event as one of your ways of promoting pluralism.
OP syeda 1 / 5  
hi
I have another question

how can you eliminate gender difference from students, teachers and courses in the school environment? ( pluralism)

please reply me back soon
Thank you
OP syeda 1 / 5  
okie so i am done with my work can someone review it and let me know if somthing needs to be corrected or not. Thank you

expectations

level 4= three objectives chosen relate in an imaginative way to value selected and the goal.
level 4= methods indicated creatively reflects goal of plan
level 4= Indicators flow in a superior way from points and methods.
---------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------------------

Value: Pluralism
Organization: School
Goal of plan: school is a primarily cultured organization to unfold the learning abilities of humans. It needs to make sure that, schools are the better place for our generation, by encouraging students and teachers to behave pluralistically with other students and teachers; because we need to respect others races and culture in order to be respected as well.

Objective

1) Zero tolerance for inappropriate behaviour in class towards teachers and other students; i.e., distracting teachers from teaching and other students from learning

METHODS

a) Make students realize that inappropriate class behaviour disrupts education
b) Ignore such students with inappropriate behaviours.
c) Give a negative reaction toward students behaving inappropriately.
d) Reward students that are behaving well.

INDICATORS

a) Making students focus on education will inappropriate behaviour decreases by 5 % in a week, and 20 % in one month.
b) Not focusing on those who distract others, decreases by 15 % in a week, and 60 % in a month.
c) Negative reaction towards inappropriate behaviour decrease by 40 % in a week, and 80 % in a month.
d) Rewarding students for behaving well decrease the inappropriate behaviour by 45 % in a one week, and 90 % in a month.

 If all of these methods work well the inappropriate behaviour in a class decreases by 20 % in a month, and in 4 months it will decrease to 80 %. (It applies, if each semester contains 4 month period of education.)

OBJECTIVE # 2

2) We all deserve to be respected and to be treated equally. Treat each of the students in school equally and respect them in order to be respected as well. When we hurt and disrespect someone verbally or physically; we are not just hurting and disrespecting them, we also disrespect ourselves.

METHODS

a) Ignore and forgive those who disrespect you and treat you unequally due to your different race and culture.
b) If someone is hurting your feelings, do not speak wounding things in anger, but do respect them in return.
c) Try putting yourself in someone else's shoe to understand their point of view.
d) We need to think before we speak, because we might hurt someone's feelings.

INDICATOR

a) Ignoring and forgiving when it comes to hurting your feeling decreases emotional abuse 20 % in one week, and in one month it will decrease to 80 %.

b) Controlling anger and respecting the one who insulted you, decreases the emotional abuse that we get in the school by 25% in one week and in one month it decreases to 100 %.

c) Understanding someone else's point of view decreases emotional abuse by 10 % in one week and 40 % in one month.
d) Thinking before saying something decreases emotional abuse by 15 % in a week, and 60 % in one month.

 If the method that are mentioned works well, disrespecting each other in a school will decrease to 15 % in one month and 70 % in four months. (It applies, if each semester contains 4 month period of education.)

OBJECTIVE # 3

3) No tolerance towards gender inequality in a classroom. It is proven that gender bias is a great barrier in children's learning abilities. Therefore there has to be no gender difference in a class, because we all want to be treated equally.

METHOD

a) Most of the times teachers are unaware of the gender bias in their classrooms and in order to avoid gender bias; teachers should examine their classrooms behaviour and carefully review the pattern to make sure that you are paying equal attention to all of your students.

b) Teachers must be careful in providing students with feedbacks; they must make sure that their comments do not harm any of the students emotionally.

c) Teachers should not provide students with the subject books that are heavily based on male accomplishments and if most of the books are based on male achievement then teachers must make some extra research to make the subject more gender balanced.

INDICATOR

a) If teachers examine their classroom behaviour the gender inequality will decrease by 15 % in one week, and 60 % in one month.
b) Providing careful feedbacks can boost up student's self-esteem and decreases the gender bias by 25 % in a week, and 100% by one month.
c) If the curriculum provided is not heavily based on male gender, it decreases gender inequality by 10% in a week, and 40 % in a month.

 If these methods works well then the gender inequality will decrease to 20 % in one month and 60 % in four months. (It applies, if each semester contains 4 month period of education.)
how can you eliminate gender difference from students, teachers and courses in the school environment?

I don't understand this question! Sorry...
You cannot eliminate gender differences, obviously. One thing you can eliminate is the difference in the way we treat boys vs girls. If adults expect boys to be "tough" and girls to be "cute" how can girls expect to be given equal opportunities when they grow up and become professionals?

It looks great!!

Put a period at the end of this to be consistent with the others on the list:
a) Make students realize that inappropriate class behaviour disrupts education.
OP syeda 1 / 5  
Thank you Kevin for reviewing my work

Home / Essays / values (Pluralism) and organization in a work place