Should be 1500 word essay on why king Lear is considered one of the four tragedies.

coco120999 1 / -  
I have to write a 1500 word essay on why king Lear is considered one of the four tragedies. I only have about 850 words and i cant think about aything else to write please help.
lcturn87 - / 435 236  
Hello, I can help you to consider why you may be having trouble writing more than 850 words.

First think about the four tragedies: Hamlet, Othello, King Lear, and MacBeth.

I'm unsure if you have to mention the other tragedies, but I would recommend considering why they are tragedies. Why would King Lear be in this category?

Have you used quotes from King Lear to explain why it is a tragedy? Can you use quotes from Hamlet, Othello, and MacBeth to explain why they are tragedies?

Can you compare King Lear to Hamlet, Othello, and MacBeth? I think if you make comparisons, you could have more words in your essay. Brief summaries would show how each story is defined as a tragedy.

This is just a suggestion. Please look at your essay requirements before considering this idea:

The introduction would briefly discuss the tragedies.

Body: Why is Hamlet a tragedy? Why is Othello a tragedy? Why is MacBeth a tragedy? Why is King Lear a tragedy? What makes the story of King Lear different as a story in comparison with the other tragedies?

Conclusion
Coco, first of all, the topic for this essay is good and interesting enough for you to play with words and should not be bothered with the word count.

Now, you post your essay here, we proof read it, review and will chip in what we think will enhance your essay.
I hope this key points will help;
- who is King Lear
- what is the four tragedies
- how did King Lear become known or considered as one of the four tragedies
- what effect does this labelling has in his character
- how will he manage this set back in is character
- why was he considered one of them
- how will he make a difference

We will look forward to your post.

Home / Essays / Should be 1500 word essay on why king Lear is considered one of the four tragedies.