Work or a social issue related topic that affects your life.

newworld 8 / 19  
Hello sarah,

I wan t to find a topic for the argument/research paper. My teacher said "Topics can be school or work-related, or related to a social issue that affects your life. "

Also he said "Your paper will provide a context for this problem and then offer possible solutions. " What that means?

I am from different country. Theae things are new to me. But i want to do the assignment well.

Could you please explain to me about this and give some ideas for topic?

Regards
newworld
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

Teachers sometimes have a way of making something easy sound difficult! I think what your teacher meant was that your paper will start by explaining what the problem is and then give some ideas for how to make the problem better. I think a good topic for you might be the difficulties of trying to learn and fit into a new culture! You could talk about the things that seem very strange to you, the difficulties of making yourself understood, the challenges of doing schoolwork in a foreign language--anything you can think of that has made life a little more difficult because you are not in your home country. You could then talk about ways you have adapted, and things you have learned that help make it easier for you. Because you will be writing about something that comes from your own personal experience, it should make the assignment easier for you. If you are supposed to make it relate to a social issue, you could talk about it in terms of immigrants adapting to life in a new country, then mention some of your personal experiences.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP newworld 8 / 19  
Hello Sarah,

Thank you so much!. I really really apriciate your help! I have no words to say and thank your sincear help. It is hard to see in the world honest like you( i mean you are doing this with out no expectaion). God bless you!

After i write the draft would you please help me that i am into the topic or not?

Thanks
Newworld.
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

Yes, I'd be happy to! Just post your essay and I'll give you some editing tips! :-)

Sarah, EssayForum.com
OP newworld 8 / 19  
Hello sarah,

I have some doubts about the topic. What kind of arguement is this? I read from the book, there are different types such as Declares somthing is fact,Support policy, Calls for action Asserts value.

Can you please form the topic like a question? What do i have to do? My teacher said ,I have to use citaion, quotation, documentaion etc.

I lookforward your reply.

Thanks
Newworld
EF_Team2 1 / 1,708  
Greetings!

What you need is a thesis statement which tells what your paper will be about and takes a position on the topic. For example, if you were writing about immigration policy in the U.S., you could say "Immigration is a hotly debated topic in recent years, but a close look at the issue will show that immigrants contribute a lot to American society, bringing cultural diversity, a ready labor force, and many other benefits to the country." Your essay would then go on to talk more about these benefits, as well as mentioning the arguments against an open immigration policy, and why those arguments are not correct.

You can use this or a different topic, but that is the basic formula: a thesis statement in the introduction, followed by paragraphs which support your thesis and arguments against it which you then refute. Your conclusion will then summarize the main points of your paper.

When you are researching your topic, use your school library's online database to find articles and books about the subject. Use these sources to support your argument, quoting from them and using whatever form of citation your teacher told you to use. Ask your instructor or a librarian for additional help with this if you need to. It's a little confusing at first, but you'll learn quickly!

I hope this helps you get started!

Thanks,

Sarah, EssayForum.com

Home / Essays / Work or a social issue related topic that affects your life.