How to write an essay about american history?

andy 1 / 4  
HELLO EVERYBODY!! :)
Im writing an essay about american diversity.Pleasehelp me answering to the following quetions.How would you define diversity? Whats its role in our global society and economy? What are the challenges that come with diversity? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
tityeu 2 / 4  
it is the various characters in certain areas and which field are you writing about?
OP andy 1 / 4  
heey, well im trying to write about good things about diversity in america. what is the main advantage of it. and i dont know how to make a plan for my essay any ideass? ( im so happpy that i got an answer XD )
OP andy 1 / 4  
mmmmm... i forgot something, i need this essay to be done by 22nd of april, so yeas i got only 3 days . it's my first essay. kkkk..so pleaase help me... anyybodyyy???
Azeri 10 / 137  
i got only 3 days - don't panic, you got three days left! I am sure you would complete your essay in time. :-)

Andy, did you try to search in the internet? I typed "american diversity" and found:

specialcollection/special-collection-di versity.asp or worldandISchool.
search.asp?text=Diversity+Society

Regarding the plan of the essay, I would advise to place each question as a separate paragraph.

Hope, it will help. I am looking forward to your draft essay.
Azeri 10 / 137  
sorry, I've made mistakes:-) I meant: "you have 3 day and you will complete your essay in time."

I continued searching and found new links. If you need them, I will provide links
OP andy 1 / 4  
wouuuww.. what a great ideaaaa about a plan. reaaalllyy??? i would looove to recieve links :D. thank yoouuu!!!!!
Diversity usually refers to culture, but it also includes other factors, like lifestyles, disabilities, and so forth.

If you google "stranger fear" you might get some good ideas about what happens when we don't embrace diversity.

What is the role of diversity in our global society and economy? The global society is full of different cultures, and as you know humans have a history of neurotically comparing themselves to "others" who are different.

If you look at diversity in a garden, you see beauty, and you also see ecosystems where everything depends on everything else. A global society is like this; it's beautiful, and technology has put us all in contact with each other in ways that make us interdependent. A good word I read about was "interbeing." That is a new word made up by an important teacher.

Anyway, you need to have something to say about it -- something original.

How to write the essay:
You know that the first sentence of a paragraph should be a TOPIC SENTENCE that tells the main idea of the paragraph... so, write one topic sentence to answer each question:

A good definition of "diversity" is ...

Diversity plays a role that is ...

The inevitable challenges that come from diversity include...

For each sentence, you'll need to write the rest of a paragraph, complete with an example sentence, another entence or two of explanation, and a conclusion sentence for the paragraph.

Then, look at the 3 paragraphs and ask yourself what the main theme is for this essay that is taking form. What is the theme that emerges as YOU give YOUR unique perspective to answer these questions? Whatever it is, explain it in an intro paragraph and stick it on the beginning. Then, go to the end and write the conclusion paragraph.

:-)
OP andy 1 / 4  
woooww thanks a lot... it's so revieliing when there is people try to help me and it really do help mee... thank you guuyyss. i will try to emerge MY theme to MY unique perspective . im soo happpyyy :D
hahah awesome, you are great. Please use some of that enthusiasm to help other people here, too. essayforum.com/ef-contributor-page/

Home / Essays / How to write an essay about american history?