How to write essays, articles, and inspiring speeches?

mussy 5 / 17 1  
Hi everyone i am new to this forum. I want to know how to write essays, articles, and inspiring speeches that will be very good with good sentence flow, although i have lots of books on essay,articles and letter writing. Pls i am indebted to all of you that will actually contribute. I need to learn how to write perfectly before we resume back to school
Prettywings 1 / 74  
No one is perfect--we all have areas of growth and development. But I believe you need to increase your library of books. By simply reading books on essay writing in my view, may serve more of a hindrance than aid. Also, continue practicing your writing that is the only way you will become better. Hope this helps you in some way.
ayra_16 2 / 6  
Hi musa,
Practice! Practice! Practice!
This is the only way that you will be able to write well. I love to write and I was a freelance writer before. Now I'm working on a novel that i plan to publish. My native language isn't English. I developed my grammar skills and vocabulary by reading books and writing essays. Initially I did make a lot of mistakes, my English teacher used to review them for me. As years pass, your writing skills will improve provided that you take the effort to read.
morecelery 4 / 20  
ayra_16 is soo right, practice is the most important. In school, we wrote about two essays a month, and while they took a lot of effort, they gradually sculpted my writing and brought out my style. Another thing is that helps to spend a LOT of time writing. Many think that good writers simply pour out their genius onto the paper and blow everyone away. Even the best spend hours choosing words and wording their sentences to create the most meaning and bring the biggest effect. It is important to develop your skills first--an annoying necessity that will allow you to later expand your abilities. Afterwards, you will find your "style", much like finding your identity early in life, and can then define yourself as a writer and personalize your writing. From there you will blossom, just be patient! GOODLUCK!
OP mussy 5 / 17 1  
Thanks for your advice arya 16 should I practice writing everyday.
OP mussy 5 / 17 1  
Thanks prettywings, what book do you actually want me to have on essay writing.
ayra_16 2 / 6  
No you don't have to practice everyday. Practice as much as you want, it depends on your interest. Write because you want to do it not because you want to do it. I enjoy writing, so I write whenever I get the time for it. I suggest that you first start reading and make it a habit. Even reading newspapers will benefit you. If you're weak in grammar, read and practice wren and martin grammar book and also read word power made easy.
OP mussy 5 / 17 1  
Thanks for your advice arya 16. Pls can you check "ruling the world with ideas" that I posted now. Pls give your comments about it and help me in correction and pls who are the Authors of those books you mentioned.

Home / Essays / How to write essays, articles, and inspiring speeches?